Organic India Quinoa 500 Gms
Check if Your Pincode is Served
Prepaid orders will be shipped within 1-2 business days.
COD(Cash on delivery) will take 5-7 days to process.
Ships within 24 to 48 hours.
Net Weight : 500 Gms
Quinoa (KEEN wah) is the tiny seed of the "chenopodium quinoa," a plant related to spinach, chard and beets. It is native to South America and was a very important food source during the ancient Inca civilization.
Today quinoa is grown in Canada, U.S.,South America, and with some efforts in India also. It's a popular alternative gluten-free "grain" because of its nutritional qualities. Quinoa is 100% gluten and lactogen free. So it is an ideal meal for people who are lactose or gluten intolerant.
Health Benefits of Quinoa:
1. Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
2. Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. Fiber is most widely known to relieve constipation. It also helps to prevent heart disease by reducing high blood pressure and diabetes. Fiber lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, may lower your risk of developing hemorrhoids, and may help you to lose weight (it takes a longer time to chew than does other foods because it makes you feel fuller for longer and is less “energy dense,” which means it has fewer calories for the same volume of food).
3. Quinoa contains Iron. Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation. Iron carries oxygen from one cell to another and supplies oxygen to our muscles to aid in their contraction. Iron also increases brain function because the brain takes in about 20% of our blood oxygen. There are many benefits of iron; it aids in neurotransmitter synthesis, regulation of body temperature, enzyme activity and energy metabolism.
4. Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines. Magnesium also may reduce Type 2 diabetes by promoting healthy blood sugar control. Other health benefits of magnesium include transmission of nerve impulses, body temperature regulation, detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
6. Quinoa is high in Riboflavin (B2). B2 improves energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells and is known to help create proper energy production in cells.
7. Quinoa has a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from injury by free radicals. Benefits of Organic Psyllium
The advantages of ingesting soluble fiber can be included in the preparation of a number of foods.
Directions for Use : Cook 1/2 cup whole, rinsed quinoa in 1 cup of water for about 15 minutes for a creamy, nutty-tasting high protein breakfast cereal.Quinoa flakes can be used as a fast-cooking cereal and can be added to pancake and waffle recipes. Substitute whole cooked quinoa for rice in rice meals.
Add quinoa flour to gluten-free flour mixes to improve the protein, mineral and fiber content.
Quinoa reduces the volume of yeast breads and is best used in small amounts in leavened bread recipes but works well in Gluten Free recipes for cookies, muffins, pancakes and pizza dough.