Vedic Delite Quinoa 500Gms
Check if Your Pincode is Served
About the Product:
Unlike wheat or rice, quinoa is a complete protein - containing all eight of the essential amino acids. It has been recognized by the United Nations as a supercrop for its health benefits: packed with dietary fiber, phosphorus, magnesium and iron. Quinoa has a high protein content of 14-18% and a rich presence of essential amino acids. Vedic Delite Quinoa has caught the attention of the health-conscious, especially vegans and vegetarians.
An extremely nutritious gluten free supergrain, Vedic Delite Quinoa has a slightly nutty flavor making it a wonderful substitute for rice or couscous. It is easy to buy and easy to use, Vedic Delite Quinoa can be shipped within 24 to 48 hours to your doorstep!
Key Health Benefits:
- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat. It is a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids.
- It is Very High in Fiber… Much Higher Than Most Grains.
- Quinoa is Very High in Protein, With All The Essential Amino Acids That we Need.
- Quinoa Has a Low Glycemic Index. Theglycemic index is a measure of how quickly foods raise blood sugar levels.
- Quinoa Has Several Important Characteristics That Make it a Weight Loss Friendly Food.
- Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
How to use:
It should usually be rinsed or soaked before use to remove its bitter coating, so check packet instructions. Bring two cups of water to the boil to one cup of grain, cover, simmer and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the germ separates from the seed. The cooked germ should have a slight bite to it.
Quick Tip: Store quinoa in an airtight container in the fridge. Quinoa can be used in the same way as rice and is great in stuffing, pilafs and breakfast cereals.
How do we pronounce Quinoa?
It is pronounced as, Keen-wah or Kee-Noo-ah.
What is the nutritional value of Quinoa?
Here is the nutrient breakdown for 1 cup of cooked quinoa, or 185 grams:
- Protein:8 grams.
- Fiber:5 grams.
- Manganese:58% of the RDA.
- Magnesium:30% of the RDA.
- Phosphorus:28% of the RDA.
- Folate:19% of the RDA.
- Copper:18% of the RDA.
- Iron:15% of the RDA.
- Zinc:13% of the RDA.
- Potassium:9% of the RDA.
- Over 10% of the RDA for Vitamins B1, B2 and B6.
- Small amounts of Calcium, B3 (Niacin) and Vitamin E.
What does Quinoa taste like?
Quinoa tastes like a nuttier version of couscous, and is similar to couscous/rice in the fact that it takes on whatever flavors you put with it.
How is Quinoa typically eaten?
Quinoa gets fluffy when cooked, and holds up well in flavored rice, pilafs, and other recipes. It can be eaten plain or spiced just as you would with any other grain. It makes a great breakfast cereal.
Vedic Delite Quinoa 500 grams
- Wash and soak quinoa for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Add oil to a hot pan, Add dals, cumin and mustard. When the dals turn golden. Add hing
- Add all the chopped veggies, curry leaves and chili; Fry for 2 to 3 minutes
- Pour water and add salt. Check salt by tasting water
- When the water comes to a boil, drain off the water from quinoa and add it to the pan
- Cook on a medium to low flame till the quinoa is cooked completely. Keep stirring to prevent burning